Currently, controllers that complement the virtual reality experience for gamers are sorely lacking in quality; but that might all change thanks to Manus Machina. This Dutch startup has been developing a set of gloves that are meant to replace the need for a joystick. Tech Crunch writes, "And while Manus Machina is not the first company to try its hand (pun intended) at a data glove as an input mechanism, co-founder Stephen van den Brink says other examples have been focused on niche use-cases — such as scientific research — whereas the team is aiming is to ship a mainstream consumer product with a price-tag to match."
This could be an exciting addition to the VR and gaming industry alike.
Manus Machina is Developing a More Intuitive Alternative to the Joystick
1. Virtual Reality Gaming - The development of a more intuitive alternative to the joystick through VR gaming gloves opens up opportunities for more immersive gaming experiences.
2. Data Gloves - The creation of data gloves for mainstream consumer products has the potential to revolutionize the way users interact with technology.
3. Haptic Technology - The use of haptic technology in VR gaming gloves presents new opportunities for tactile feedback and realism in virtual environments.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry could greatly benefit from the inclusion of VR gaming gloves as a new immersive tool for gamers to experience their favorite games.
2. Virtual Reality - The development of VR gaming gloves could lead to the advancement of the virtual reality industry as a whole, creating new possibilities for user interaction and immersion.
3. Technology - The creation of data gloves for mainstream consumer products highlights the ever-evolving nature of technology and the opportunities it presents for innovation and development.