Launched at the beginning of 2016, the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona's Marathon Package is a luxurious vacation experience designed around participation in the city's annual marathon, the Zurich Marató de Barcelona. The ultra-luxurious hotel package includes an assortment of amenities that will help guests prepare their mind and body for the big race, which annually includes approximately 20,000 runners.
The Marathon Package at the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona includes three nights stay in a luxury suite at the property, as well as two spa treatments, daily breakfast and access to a running coach who will personalize exercises for you ahead of the race.
The Marathon Package is a great example of brands innovating services around the new culture of health and wellness.
The Mandarin Oriental Barcelona Offers a Package for Runners
1. Wellness-centric Experience Packages - Brands can innovate hotel and vacation packages around the culture of health and wellness.
2. Personalized Fitness Coaching - There is an opportunity to offer personalized exercises and training for guests as part of a wellness-centric package.
3. Luxury Running Events - There is a growing market for luxury hotel and travel packages centered around participating in high-end running events.
1. Hotel and Hospitality - Hotels can tap into the wellness travel trend by offering packages with personalized fitness coaching and luxury amenities.
2. Travel and Tourism - Luxury travel and tourism companies can create packages centered around wellness and participation in high-end running events.
3. Fitness and Health - Fitness and health companies can partner with hotels and travel companies to offer wellness-centric packages with personalized coaching and training programs.