'Reversed Cosmetics' is a makeup brand that is seeking to expand options in the beauty industry for people of color.
The brand came to fruition when its founder Soumaya Meijs realized that the choices she has for foundation and other beauty products are limited due to her half Dutch and half Egyptian ancestry. She decided to create her own makeup brand that caters to people of color who may have trouble finding shades of foundation, concealer, blush and highlighter that is well-suited to the skin tones of people with darker complexions.
By creating a brand that is specific to the needs of people of color, Soumaya Meijs is able to carve a path in the market that is currently very limited in options for many people of color.
This Makeup Brand is Designed Specifically for Women of Color
1. Diversity-focused Makeup - Makeup brands are increasingly diversifying their product lines to be more inclusive.
2. Ethnicity-based Cosmetics - Cosmetics brands are creating products specifically designed for individuals with diverse skin tones.
3. Inclusive Beauty Industry - The beauty industry is shifting towards greater inclusivity, with brands creating products that cater to a wider range of skin tones.
1. Beauty - The beauty industry has an opportunity to become more inclusive by creating products for diverse skin tones and ethnicities.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetics companies may find success in creating products specifically for individuals with darker skin tones.
3. Fashion - Fashion companies may start creating clothing that complements a wider range of skin tones and ethnicities.