The 'Public Lives, Secret Recipes' blog recently published a recipe for a decadent milkshake made from cake mix and ice cream. While a number of cafes have made headlines for their outrageous milkshake creations, not everyone can take a trip to these social media-famous locales. For those who want to recreate the same experience at home, this recipe provides the perfect tutorial.
The DIY recipe is extremely simple to make and only requires three ingredients in total. The base of the milkshake is made from cake mix, vanilla ice cream and milk. The ingredients are simply blended until smooth and then poured into chilled glasses for serving. For an extra decadent treat, the milkshakes can be garnished with cake batter ganache and a miniature slice of cake.
This Creamy Milkshake is Made from Cake Mix and Ice Cream
1. DIY Desserts - Creating decadent treats at home is becoming increasingly popular, opening the door for innovation in the food industry.
2. Simplification of Recipes - Recipes using only a few basic ingredients will become more popular, representing an opportunity for food manufacturers to create and market pre-made mixes and ingredients.
3. Gourmet Milkshakes - The trend of extravagant milkshakes has begun to spread, creating opportunities for cafes and restaurants to create unique and Instagram-worthy drinks.
1. Pre-made Food Mixes - The home chef trend opens up opportunities for food manufacturers to create and market pre-made cake and dessert mixes.
2. Cafes/restaurants - The trend of extravagant milkshakes provides opportunities for cafes and restaurants to create unique and Instagram-worthy drinks to attract customers.
3. Home Kitchen Equipment - As home chefs continue to experiment with dessert recipes, there may be an opportunity for kitchen equipment manufacturers to create specialized devices to aid in the simplification of recipes.