Macy's Hispanic Heritage Month will be celebrated between September 15th and October 15th in an attempt to better engage the community through family friendly activities.
An official statement from the department store's reads, “Macy’s is thrilled to provide a platform for Latinx musicians, artists and designers, as well as our own colleagues, to shine at our stores nationwide. We are proud to support the work and influence of these leaders in the Hispanic community – bringing individuals together to honor their culture with pride.”
The in-store events will include art from local Hispanic artists, as well as a discussion led by comedian Cheech Marin, Grammy-nominated hip-hop duo Los Rakas, star of Love & Hip-Hop Amara La Negra and more. In addition to the entertainment and education provided in-store, Macy's will be introducing Latinx brands, while also providing $40,000 in grants that will benefit the Hispanic community through various initiatives.
Macy's Hispanic Heritage Month Combines Art, Culture & Education
1. In-store Celebrations - Businesses can create in-store events to better engage communities and foster a sense of belonging.
2. Supporting Local Artists - Businesses can support local artists by showcasing their works and providing a platform for them to gain exposure.
3. Cultural Education - Businesses can offer educational opportunities that inform customers about the heritage and culture of marginalized communities.
1. Retail - Retailers can increase foot traffic and customer engagement by hosting in-store events that celebrate different cultures.
2. Hospitality - Restaurants and hotels can create culinary and cultural experiences that celebrate the heritage of their local communities.
3. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can provide a platform for diverse musicians, artists and comedians to gain exposure and connect with new audiences.