Traditional dating apps that put the power in the hand of the dater are about to be turned on their head with the announcement of the new 'M8' dating app. Instead of having users pick through profiles themselves the app works by having your friends play matchmaker by picking out those they think would be perfect for you. If the match is successful, 'M8' will reward your friends with gifts along with the satisfaction of knowing they've helped their friend find a potential mate.
Online dating has become commonplace, so the 'M8' dating app looks to push it into a new realm where friends are more involved in the process to help out. The app came about when co-founder and CEO, Stephen Liu, started dating his now-wife Linda after a friend vouched for him.
The 'M8' Dating App Has Your Friends Picking Matches for You
1. Social-mediated Matchmaking - The trend of using friends as matchmakers on dating apps allows for more personalized and trustworthy connections.
2. Gamification of Dating - Introducing a rewards system on dating apps incentivizes users to actively participate in finding matches for their friends.
3. Friendship-based Recommendations - Shifting the focus from individual profiles to friend recommendations provides a new approach to finding potential mates.
1. Online Dating - The online dating industry can explore integrating friend matchmaking features to enhance user engagement and success rates.
2. Social Networking - Implementing friend matchmaking functionalities in social networking platforms presents a new avenue for fostering connections among users.
3. Gift and Incentive Programs - The gift and incentive industry can collaborate with dating apps to provide rewarding experiences for users and their successful matchmakers.