Japanese streetwear stalwart atmos work in collaboration with New Balance to develop the new M2002RAT sneaker model for the season. It is detailed all over with rodent-themed design touches and takes the 2002R sneaker model as the base foundation.
It is made with a mesh material throughout the base to give it a touch of breathability and then fuses gray hairy suede materials overlaying on top. It is then complete with metallic teal leather paneling throughout for textural and tonal contrast. Notably, the leather has a rodent print and it rests under the N logo patch that is textured as well. It's rounded out by a bright blue accent on the heels and the eyelets
Image Credit: atmos
atmos Launches the New Textural M2022RAT Sneaker Model
1. Animal-themed Sneakers - The popularity of animal-themed sneakers shows an opportunity for brands to incorporate specific animal designs into their products.
2. Collaborative Sneaker Design - Collaborative design between streetwear brands and established sneaker companies represent an opportunity for innovation and experimentation.
3. Textured Sneaker Material - Incorporating textured materials such as mesh, suede and leather create opportunities for brands to add depth and unique design elements to their products.
1. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can incorporate rodent-themed design elements and collaborate with established sneaker companies to create uniquely stylized products.
2. Athletic Footwear - Athletic footwear companies can collaborate with streetwear brands to tap into the growing trend of animal-themed aesthetic, and explore new materials and design concepts.
3. Textile Manufacturing - With the growing demand for unique textures and materials in sneakers, textile manufacturing companies have the opportunity to develop and supply innovative materials to the footwear industry.