Ride-share service Lyft is adding PayPal to its list of payment options, which already includes Stripe and Apple Pay, in honor of SXSW 2015.
Those who are attending the annual music, film and tech conference in Austin, Texas, will receive a five-dollar discount on their first ten rides. Riders who pay using PayPal will also be treated to a ride in a luxury vehicle, as part of the campaign's accompanying promotional feature 'Magic Mode.' These aren't just any luxury vehicles, either; users who request a Magic Mode ride on their iOS device have a chance of being picked up by a Ferrari 458 Italia or a 1963 Bentley, among other automobiles.
To ensure the ride experience is complete, each Magic Mode vehicle will be playing a "specially curated Pandora radio station created for that unique ride experience."
Lyft Joins Forces with PayPal for This Year's SXSW
1. Luxury Ride Promotions - More companies are likely to partner with ride-share services for exclusive promotional deals as events continue to take place virtually.
2. Mobile Payment Integration - With ride-share services already providing various payment gateways, payment companies can look to integrate their services in other industries as well.
3. In-car Entertainment - Ride-share services can explore adding unique entertainment experiences to rides to create a more memorable user experience.
1. Payment Services - Payment services can partner with ride-share services or other transportation companies to offer exclusive deals to consumers.
2. Automotive - Car manufacturers can explore partnering with ride-share services for exclusive promotional deals, and to showcase their luxury cars to potential customers.
3. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can provide unique in-car entertainment experiences to ride-share users, such as exclusive music playlists or in-car games.