'The Sauterelle' is a luxurious home bar that blends art, sculpture, unconventional design and storage functionality. Created by French artist François-Xavier Lalanne, the home furniture piece is made out of Sèvres porcelain and brass; it is curiously shaped to represent a giant grasshopper.
Currently being auctioned off, the luxurious home bar "is estimated to bring between $800,000 and $1.2 million." Interestingly enough, the fascination with The Sauterelle does not only come from its eccentric shape. According to rumors, François-Xavier Lalanne's creation has "an identical twin" that French president Georges Pompidou gifted to Queen Elizabeth II in the 70s.
The curious shape of the luxurious home bar will undoubtedly prove to be a challenge to the interior designer. However, it will most definitely be an eye-catching sculpture that will illuminate the home of the proprietor.
François-Xavier Lalanne's Luxurious Home Bar is Unconventional
1. Luxury Home Furniture - There is an opportunity for designers to create more sculptural, unconventional and functional furniture pieces for high-end consumers.
2. Art-inspired Home Decor - There is a growing trend of consumers valuing home decor pieces that double as art, allowing for unique expression and conversation starters in the home.
3. Porcelain and Brass Materials - The use of porcelain and brass materials offers an opportunity for the luxury furniture industry to elevate traditional home decor pieces in a new, modern way.
1. Luxury Furniture Manufacturing - Luxury furniture manufacturers can tap into the market of high-end consumers who are willing to pay top dollar for unique, art-inspired home furniture pieces.
2. Fine Art Market - The integration of functionality into fine art pieces like Lalanne's Sauterelle offers an opportunity for artists to expand their market and reach collectors who value both art and practicality.
3. Home Decor Retail - Home decor retailers can capitalize on the trend of consumers valuing home decor pieces that double as art by curating a selection of unique, conversation-starting pieces for their customers.