Japanese company Luminlay developed these functional and cool-looking glow-in-the-dark guitar knobs, dubbed the Luminlay MA19s. These knobs will enable musicians to find their knobs and fine-tune their volume and other controls on stage before the spotlight hits as well as in between songs when the stage lights might go dim.
In strong light, the Luminlay MA19 knobs look like any regular old knob; however as the lights go down, the knobs give off an eerie blue or green glow that not only looks great but also helps musicians control the tone and mood of their sound in the dark.
The knobs come in black, nickel and gold versions and are designed to fit 6 mm pot shafts. They are available for around $18.
The Luminlay MA19 Guitar Knobs Glow in the Dark
1. Glow-in-the-dark Accessories - Opportunity for companies in industries such as fashion and toys to develop -innovative products using glow-in-the-dark technology for aesthetic or functional purposes.
2. Multipurpose Functionality - Opportunity for companies to create multitasking products that have functional and aesthetic appeal, such as items that can be used in both dark and well-lit environments.
3. Stage Performance Enhancements - Opportunity for companies to create innovative solutions for musicians to improve their stage performance, such as glow-in-the-dark musical instruments and accessories.
1. Musical Instruments - Music instrument manufacturers can develop glow-in-the-dark accessories like guitar picks, straps and tuners to enhance musicians' performances on stage and add a funky aesthetic to the product line.
2. Automotive - Car manufacturers could use glow-in-the-dark technology to create aesthetic and practical accessories for their vehicles such as gear knobs and switches, to facilitate easier use at night.
3. Outdoor Recreation - Outdoor recreation equipment manufacturers can create flashlights, camping gear and hunting gear with glow-in-the-dark technology to help users find their equipment in the dark and improve their overall experience.