'Lukisan Nusantara' in Dewi magazine illustrates beautifully how Surrealist art and avant-garde fashion go hand in hand. Photographer Honda Tranggono and stylist Karin Wijaya joined forces for this editorial, which was then digitally enhanced by Agra Satria with surreal imagery like invisible seating, crackled landscapes and otherworldly birds.
See more shots from 'Lukisan Nusantara' in Dewi magazine above.
Implications - Avant-garde fashion has hit the mainstream thanks to trendsetting celebrities like Beyonce and Lady Gaga. Surreal art has experienced a similar resurgence with consumers who have expanded their expectation of fine art and high fashion. Companies can take advantage of this opportunity by blending classic art with couture fashion for an unforgettable print campaign or standalone collection.
'Lukisan Nusantara' in Dewi Magazine Takes a Page from Dali's Book
1. Surrealist Fashion - The intersection of avant-garde fashion and surreal art presents an opportunity for combining classic art with couture fashion for a memorable print campaign or standalone collection.
2. Digitally Enhanced Imagery - The use of digital techniques to enhance imagery can provide an opportunity for creating surreal and fantastical experiences in marketing and advertising campaigns.
3. Expanded Expectations of Fine Art and High Fashion - Consumers are increasingly receptive to a blending of high fashion and fine art, presenting opportunities for companies to tap into this trend with unique and innovative offerings.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from incorporating surreal and fantastical imagery in campaigns that evoke emotion and a sense of wonder in consumers.
2. Fine Art - Fine art can be presented in a new and innovative way by combining surrealism with fashion, providing opportunities for artists and galleries to appeal to a broader audience.
3. Advertising - The use of surreal and fantastical imagery can provide a disruptive and memorable experience in advertising campaigns across a variety of industries, pushing the boundaries of traditional marketing.