As cities become more crowded, look for designs such as LOL by CSRArchictects to become more commonplace. LOL is a loft designed to be put into the archways that support London's railways. The basic idea is that a prefabricated loft would be slotted into the archway, making use of previously unused space. The firm notes that archways have been used before to house shops and studios, so putting a home there is not exactly the craziest of ideas.
Living in an archway under a railway may sound crazy, but the concept renderings of LOL by CSRArchictects don't make it look so bad. The angled skylights are a nice touch, but the biggest concern for those living in LOL would be the noise. Here's hoping CSRArchitects have included plenty of sound-deafening materials in its design.
LOL by CSRArchitects Puts Prefab Lofts into Railway Arches
1. Modular Residential Design - Prefabrication allows for creative designs in unconventional spaces such as railway arches.
2. Urban Housing Shortage Solutions - Unused urban spaces such as railway arches can be repurposed into residential units to address urban housing shortages.
3. Innovative Skylight Design - Angled skylights in unconventional spaces such as railway arches can provide natural light and ventilation to residents.
1. Modular Construction - Modular construction companies can look into designing and constructing prefabricated housing units for unconventional urban spaces such as railway arches.
2. Real Estate Development - Real estate developers can acquire and repurpose underutilized urban spaces such as railway arches into residential units to address urban housing shortages.
3. Architectural Lighting - Architectural lighting companies can design and install innovative skylight solutions for unconventional spaces such as railway arches to provide natural light and ventilation to residents.