On the same day that God of Mischief is set to release, there will be a limited number of Loki Charms cereal boxes that will be available to fans who are quick enough to get their hands on them. Fans can also try to be among the first to crack a special code to get the special cereal.
The breakfast cereal swaps one green, magical and mischievous character for another, as the horned villain replaces the familiar face of Lucky the Leprechaun. In addition to appearing on the box, an animated version of Loki can be seen in a short commercial for the marshmallow-filled breakfast cereal, which turns the usual box a darker shade.
As mischievous as Loki is, General Mills notes that "Thankfully, the cereal and marshmallows in the box were unaffected" in the takeover.
The Limited-Edition Loki Charms Cereal Replaces a Mischievous Mascot
1. Limited-edition Marketing - Shift consumer behavior by creating a sense of urgency to purchase exclusive products.
2. Character Collaboration - Leverage popular characters to attract new audiences and elevate brand recognition.
3. Alternative Mascots - Explore unconventional and unexpected brand ambassadors to create a unique brand image.
1. Food & Beverage - Incorporate limited-edition packaging and special flavors to promote new product releases.
2. Entertainment - Partner with movie and TV studios to co-brand products and increase merchandising opportunities.
3. Marketing & Advertising - Facilitate brand collaborations that generate buzz and hype, leading to increased sales and customer engagement.