When YouTube announced its 360 Video service, it became clear that virtual reality really was the future of entertainment. With its Live 360 Videos, it's never been more apparent. Putting its own spin on the growing VR industry, YouTube is providing a place for people to really flex their skills and imagination with the technology.
Neal Mohan, Google exec, also notes that with Live 360 Video, people can have an unrivalled experience of events they wish they were attending: "Now anyone, with just their phone, can have that front row experience without having to be there." Enjoying Live 360 Videos doesn't take any fancy tech on the users part either. YouTube is also aiming to make creation of such videos attainable as well, using cameras that cost as little as $350.
YouTube Introduces another Angle to Its Virtual Reality Experiences
1. Virtual Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop affordable VR cameras and accessories to enable more creators to produce Live 360 Videos.
2. Immersive Experiences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create interactive platforms and tools that enhance the viewing experience of Live 360 Videos.
3. Event Attendance - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop platforms that offer virtual attendance to live events through Live 360 Videos.
1. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate Live 360 Videos into streaming services to provide immersive and interactive entertainment experiences.
2. Camera Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop affordable and high-quality cameras specifically designed for capturing Live 360 Videos.
3. Virtual Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expand VR industry by developing applications and platforms that support Live 360 Videos.