Liu Bolin's 'Hiding in the City' exhibition is currently running at the Galerie Paris-Beijing in Paris. The show will run until March 9, 2013 and features previous and new art pieces by the artist.
Bolin's art pieces focus on concealing humans in their surroundings. The entire creative concept is to force the viewer to be unable to distinguish there is a person ingrained in each piece. The attention to detail and Bolin's ability to seamlessly interweave his subjects into the backgrounds/scenes is astonishing. Highlights of the exuberant exhibition include the concealed figure in a grocery store and another in a wall of technology.
Liu Bolin's 'Hiding in the City' exhibition explores the themes of concealment on a variety of different platforms.
Liu Bolin's 'Hiding in the City' Exhibit is Mind-Boggling
1. Concealed Art - The trend of creating art pieces that emphasize concealment, challenging viewers to uncover hidden elements within.
2. Blending with Surroundings - The trend of artists using camouflage techniques to seamlessly blend human subjects into their environments.
3. Interactive Art Experience - The trend of art exhibitions that engage viewers by creating an interactive experience through the use of hidden elements.
1. Art - The art industry can embrace the trend of concealed art by showcasing and promoting artists who push the boundaries of blending human subjects with their surroundings.
2. Technology - The technology industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by incorporating camouflage techniques into the design of products, such as devices that seamlessly blend into their surroundings.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - The tourism and hospitality industry can create immersive experiences by incorporating hidden elements within their venues, allowing visitors to discover concealed art pieces while exploring different spaces.