The Baptiste Viry Little Shoes Throw Pillow is not for the lonely soul. The young Paris-based designer Baptiste Viry finds very unexpected concepts to base his collection on. In this case, he created these throw pillows entirely out of men's shoes.
The process to make the cushions involves hand sewing the leather shoes onto a suede backing and then finishing it off with hot wax buff to standardize the surface. You could definitely say the process is a great feat. The cushions capitalize on the leather of the shoes and leave the pillows with an amazing effect.
Each pillow is completely customized to differentiate itself from the others. And, since they are each handmade and signed by Baptiste Viry, it is no wonder that a single cushion costs approximately $1,250 US.
The Baptiste Viry Little Shoes Throw Pillow Has Sole
1. Upcycled Cushions - Designers are finding unique ways to repurpose materials, such as old shoes, into stylish cushions and pillows
2. Handmade Home Decor - Consumers are showing an increased appreciation for artisanal home decor pieces, driving demand for handmade items like the Baptiste Viry Little Shoes Throw Pillow
3. Luxury Pillows - There is a growing market for high-end, unique pillows that serve as both functional and decorative pieces in luxury homes
1. Fashion Accessories - The upcycling trend presents an opportunity for fashion accessories companies to repurpose their excess materials into new product lines, such as cushions and pillows
2. Home Decor - Handmade, unique pieces like the Baptiste Viry Little Shoes Throw Pillow offer disruptive innovation opportunities in the home decor industry, especially for luxury brands
3. Artisanal Manufacturing - The increasing demand for handmade, one-of-a-kind pieces creates opportunities for artisanal manufacturers and craftsmen to cater to the luxury market with unique home decor items