Ardbeg's Scorch is a limited-edition Scotch that was created to celebrate Ardbeg Day 2021 and share "frighteningly intense aromas of soot and smoke." The Scotch was matured in heavily charred ex-Bourbon American oak and it is described as having smoky grilled notes with black liquorice and medicinal lozenges, as well as aromas of soot, smoke, aniseed and patchouli.
Smoky notes add complexity to a flavor and the popularity of smoky flavors continue with adults who are seeking out rich ways to enhance meat or meat alternatives. Charred, toasted, smoked, blackened and fire-roasted flavors continue to captivate consumers who want their senses to be stimulated in a nuanced and indulgent way.
With silhouettes of tall flames and a charred label, the product packaging uses visual cues to communicate the smoky sensory experience of Scorch.
'Scorch' is a Limited-Edition Scotch With Aromas of Soot & Smoke
1. Smoky Flavor Trend - The popularity of smoky flavors continue to captivate consumers who want their senses to be stimulated in a nuanced and indulgent way, presenting opportunities to develop new products with unique smoky profiles.
2. Limited-edition Product Trend - The release of Ardbeg's Scorch as a limited-edition malt presents an opportunity to create buzz around the launch of a new product catered to consumers seeking exclusive and unique flavors.
3. Visual Cues for Sensory Experience Trend - The packaging of Ardbeg's Scorch uses visual cues to communicate the product's smoky sensory experience, creating a potential avenue for product differentiation through innovative packaging design.
1. Alcohol Industry - Alcohol producers can leverage the popularity of smoky flavors and the limited-edition product trend to develop innovative, exclusive products that cater to consumers seeking unique taste profiles.
2. Food Industry - The trend towards smoky flavors present opportunities for the food industry to incorporate these flavors into new product development to cater to consumers seeking rich and indulgent taste experiences.
3. Packaging Industry - Ardbeg's Scorch packaging design, which uses visual cues to communicate the product's smokiness, presents a potential avenue for the packaging industry to develop new and innovative ways to communicate the sensory experience of products through packaging design.