Amsterdam designer Frank Rettenbacher has teamed up with Italian manufacturer Zanotta to release two lightweight, multi-functional tables.
Both of the tables -- Mina and Emil -- feature sleek surfaces and are supported by a delicate wire frame. The Mina was designed as an improvised work space, while the Emil was intended to be decoratively placed next to a bed or sofa. The architect explains, "My idea was to create a family of tables for lightweight living. Their simple and stable wire-frame construction uses minimal material and gives the products their slender identity."
Indeed, Rettenbacher was relentless in ensuring the table dimensions were as svelte and as thin as possible. The tables measure in at only three millimeters thick, making it appear as though they are hovering over their steel frame.
This Lightweight Tables Looks as Though It's Floating
1. Lightweight Furniture - Opportunity to create more lightweight and minimalistic furniture designs.
2. Wire-frame Construction - Opportunity to innovate the use of wire-frame construction in furniture making for material efficiency.
3. Multi-functional Tables - Opportunity to design more multi-functional furniture pieces for small living spaces.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Innovative furniture manufacturing companies can explore the use of minimal material and wire-frame constructions to create sustainable products.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate minimalistic and lightweight furniture to maximize small living spaces.
3. Home Decor - Innovative home decor companies can create decor items that are both functional and visually appealing.