The 'Let's Talk Water' drinking set is the design work of Klára Janypková and is positioned as a functional yet artistic solution for the modern kitchen. The drinking vessels are inspired by the wastewater pipes you'd find in urban locations and are a somewhat obscure collection of kitchenwares that could be interpreted as somewhat unexpected at first glance. The cups are, however, intended to call to mind industrial components and how we use water on a daily basis.
The 'Let's Talk Water' drinking set is not intended to be mass-produced, but merely acts as an industrial design project that will spark conversations surrounding how we use water and the various ways in which it could be polluted.
Image Credit: Viktorie Macánová
The 'Let's Talk Water' Drinking Set Calls Water Treatment to Mind
1. Functional Industrial Design - Explore the intersection of industrial components and homegoods to produce functional, conversation-starting pieces.
2. Environmental Awareness - Highlight the importance of water treatment and pollution prevention through unique design choices.
3. Unconventional Kitchenware - Challenge traditional notions of what belongs in a modern kitchen through unexpected design choices inspired by seemingly unrelated industries.
1. Home Goods - Develop unique design choices and concepts that engage the modern consumer in conversation and promote environmental awareness.
2. Industrial Design - Explore how industrial components and processes can be reimagined and repurposed to engage consumers and promote environmentally-conscious thinking.
3. Environmental Technology - Investigate new technologies that can improve water treatment and pollution prevention processes, while creating beautiful and functional design pieces to help raise awareness.