34-year-old Swiss artist Leopold Rabus is a talented illustrator and mixed media producer with a penchant for creations that are as diverse in location as they are colorful. A writer for the art website WebOccupy describes his style as: "Someone slips some form of hallucinogen in his tea everyday and then menacingly swaps his reference material around every half an hour, as he paints blissfully unaware," and it's not that far off the mark.
Leopold Rabus is an artist with the ability to create work that seems to bend surrealist elements to fit a wild aesthetic that is as alluring as it is confusing. What makes Leopold Rabus' illustrations even more jarring is that they are often set against a beautiful tapestry of wilderness that realistically smacks of something out of Aspen, Colorado, or the Swiss Alps.
If Leopold Rabus' selected portfolio is any indication, he is an artist of rare and unique talent with a long career in front of him. Click through our gallery to see what the hype is about.
Leopold Rabus Creates Deranged and Unforgettable Art
1. Surrealist Illustrations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore how surreal elements can be incorporated into various art forms to create unique and captivating visuals.
2. Mixing Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with combining different art mediums to create innovative and boundary-pushing artworks.
3. Wilderness as Inspiration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore how natural landscapes can be used as a backdrop for artistic creations, merging the beauty of nature with imaginative elements.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Push the boundaries of traditional art and design by incorporating surreal elements and experimenting with different mediums.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use surreal illustrations and mixed media techniques to create attention-grabbing and memorable advertising campaigns.
3. Tourism and Travel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop creative merchandise and promotional materials that showcase wilderness-inspired artwork to attract tourists and travelers.