Italian designer Leonardo Perugi designed the Drop, a high contrast furniture piece that folds to become a chair, lounge or daybed, depending on your mood. The seat would look right at home in a Fellini movie, even if it was designed 50 years after La Dolce Vita.
Leonardo Perugi made the center of the Drop a flat cushion, and made each end round. You can see more of Leonardo Perugi’s work at the links below.
The Drop by Leonardo Perugi is a Chair, a Lounge and a Daybed
1. Flexible Furniture - The Drop chair-lounge-daybed hybrid demonstrates the growing trend of multi-functional and adaptable furniture designs.
2. Contrasting Design - The high-contrast design of the Drop furniture piece highlights an emerging trend of bold design choices in home furnishings.
3. Retro-modern Aesthetic - The Fellini-inspired design of the Drop furniture piece reflects an ongoing trend of blending retro and modern aesthetics.
1. Furniture Design - The Drop showcases potential for disruptive innovation in the furniture industry, particularly in the area of multi-functional furniture design.
2. Interior Design - The bold, contrasting design of the Drop piece reflects an opportunity for innovation in the interior design industry, specifically in bold statements with furniture decisions for living spaces.
3. Retail and E-commerce - As multi-functional, contrastingly designed furniture is becoming popular, the Drop could present a potential opportunity for disruption within the retail and ecommerce market specifically with niche furniture options.