Exciting news in the world of video games. Official word from Gamespot is the new Star Wars Lego game titled "Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga" will include all six Star Wars movies in it's gameplay. Currently, there are two Lego Star Wars releases already on the market and this new game will also port these two releases into it. It won't just be a re-hash of those two other games either. There will be new characters added, new levels, and new excitement. The game is releasing in the fall of 2007 and it is promising to be one sweet game of epic proportions.
1. Expanded Franchise Storytelling - The trend towards expanding franchises across multiple products and media is shown through the inclusion of all six Star Wars films within the Lego Star Wars video game.
2. Gamification of Movie Franchises - The gamification of movies, TV shows, and other media is becoming increasingly popular and shows competitive disruption opportunities for the film and video game industries.
3. Cross-media Collaborations - The trend towards cross-media collaborations between film and video game industries is showcased through the Lego Star Wars video game franchise, which combines the Lego brand, Star Wars franchise, and video game industry.
1. Film - The film industry could explore gamification opportunities and cross-media collaborations to expand their franchises across multiple products and media.
2. Video Games - The video game industry can continue to expand franchises across multiple products and media while exploring gamification of movie franchises for competitive disruption opportunities.
3. Toy - The toy industry could leverage cross-media collaborations such as the Lego Star Wars video game franchise to expand its product offerings for films and video games.