This Lasercut Material‐Optimized Furniture is the creative work of the team at renowned structural engineering office Bollinger Grohmann in Vienna. The firm recently held a three day Karamba-workshop within the M-CDC Detmold program and conceived this series of awe‐inspiring chair designs.
The workshop focused on creating custom‐molded furnishings using a sophisticated Rhinoceros-Grasshopper based computer tool. This innovative tool allows its tech‐savvy users to combine parametric 3D models with accurate calculations and optimization of complex algorithms.
After developing a slew of complex digital furniture prototypes, these results are then brought to life with lasercut cardboard models made up of colorful shapes. These architectural models boast geometry‐infused elements and angular design details that are a modern design lover's dream.
This Lasercut Material‐Optimized Furniture Stacks 3D Shapes
1. Custom-molded Furnishings - Opportunity for businesses to create personalized furniture using Rhinoceros-Grasshopper based computer tools.
2. Parametric 3D Modeling - Potential for disruption in the design industry through the combination of parametric 3D models and complex algorithms.
3. Geometry-inspired Designs - Innovative chance for companies to create furniture with geometric elements and angular design details.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the furniture industry by utilizing custom-molded furnishings and geometry-inspired designs.
2. Design Software - Potential for disruption in the design software industry through the development of Rhinoceros-Grasshopper based computer tools for parametric 3D modeling.
3. Architectural Modeling - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the architectural modeling industry by incorporating intricate geometry-infused elements in lasercut cardboard models.