Oakland-based artist Gabriel Schama creates laser-cut art that takes the shape of faces, religious iconography and beautiful symmetric patterns.
The artwork is created through a complex process but due to the artist's skill, it does not appear this way. By using a laser to cut through different types of wood that have been layered, Schama forms womens' faces and beautiful patterns that are extremely intricate. The individual scales, differently colored wooden lines and overall symmetric nature of this work makes it a true feat of artistry.
The artist takes a relatively simple silhouette and brings it to life with these laser-cut portraits, creating the illusion of movement, thought and complexity in layered pieces of wood.
These Pieces of Art Were Created By Layering and Cutting Wood
1. Laser-cut Art - The rise of laser-cut art offers opportunities for artists to innovate and create intricate and detailed artworks that were previously impossible.
2. Layered Wood Art - Layering different types and colors of wood to create intricate patterns and designs offers new opportunities for artists to create unique and textured pieces.
3. Symmetric Art - The popularity of symmetric art creates opportunities for artists to explore new design possibilities and showcase their skills in creating complex and beautiful patterns and designs.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can leverage the trend towards laser-cut and layered wood art to create new product lines and push the boundaries of what is currently possible.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can embrace this trend by partnering with artists to offer unique and eye-catching laser-cut art pieces that can enhance the aesthetic of any space.
3. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can utilize the trend towards layered wood art to create distinctive and custom furniture pieces that showcase the beauty of natural wood grains and patterns.