Designer Mano Bano experimented with raw sheet metal to create the OBJ-01 Lamp throughout the pandemic. While it is simple in design, the lamp does not sacrifice functionality. Bano laser cuts raw sheets of metal from either steel, stainless steel, or brass to then hand-assemble the lamp.
An eye-shaped adjustable lampshade adds an interactive element, which increases the lamp's brightness with a simple flick of the right. In addition, an integrated custom touch dimmer lets users adjust the brightness and turn the lamp on or off by tapping the conductive metal plate.
Manu's intention from the lamp's conception is to achieve a small and minimalistic object - ideal for bedside tables - that can be sent flat packed all over the world.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
The OBJ-01 lamp by Manu Bano is Hand Assembled and Laser Cut
1. Flat-packed Furniture - The trend of flat-packed furniture continues to grow as more companies look for ways to reduce shipping costs, and designers create innovative ways to assemble beautiful and functional pieces.
2. Laser Cutting Technology - The use of laser cutting technology continues to gain popularity in the design world, as it allows for precise cutting of materials and can be used in a range of applications from fashion to architecture.
3. Interactive Lighting - The trend of interactive lighting has grown in recent years as designers and consumers look for ways to engage with their lighting fixtures beyond just turning them on and off.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can take advantage of the flat-packed furniture trend by creating innovative designs that can be shipped and assembled easily by consumers.
2. Metalworking - The metalworking industry can benefit from the use of laser cutting technology to create intricate designs and patterns in a range of materials.
3. Lighting Design - The lighting design industry can explore the trend of interactive lighting by incorporating advanced technology and materials to create fixtures that are both functional and engaging.