To support local Canadian restaurants, La Pizza Week, in collaboration with Saputo and SkipTheDishes, launched across the country to include over 1,000 participating establishments. From May 1st to May 7th, the first-ever pizza festival kicked off in all Candian provinces to allow pizza lovers to vote for their favorite slice through the festival's website.
Customers could order delicious pizzas from participating restaurants and pizzerias for pick-up or delivery through the SkipTheDishes app. The initiative aimed to support establishments during the COVID-19 Pandemic by creating a platform for restauranteurs to reach new customers in a fun and engaging way
La Pizza Week posted the exciting voter results per province, which are available to view on the company's website and Instagram account.
Image Credit: La Pizza Week
La Pizza Week Included over 1,000 Local Restaurant Participants in Canada
1. Virtual Food Festivals - The success of La Pizza Week indicates an opportunity to launch virtual food festivals that combine community engagement with supporting local businesses through online platforms.
2. Collaborative Marketing Initiatives - Successful collaboration between notable brands and local businesses present an opportunity for similar marketing initiatives to boost local business sales and promote community engagement through platform-wide events.
3. Localized Campaigns - Localized campaigns tailored to specific regions not only support local businesses but create opportunities for company-specific marketing initiatives in areas with high competition and create a local fanbase for the brand.
1. Food and Beverage - The rise of virtual food festivals and localized campaigns allow food brands to reach new groups of consumers and enhance local relationships with businesses.
2. E-commerce - A turnout of over 1K participating businesses from La Pizza Week indicates the need for cross-platform collaboration between local food businesses and e-commerce sites in the service of community engagement.
3. Marketing & Advertising - Collaborative marketing initiatives like La Pizza week demonstrate the potential of combined brand efforts to reach customers and communities in innovative ways that increase sales, engage audiences, and bolster brand recognition.