New York-based artist Jessie Bearden turned popular Kylie Jenner Instagram posts into beautiful art pieces. At the request of Elite Daily, the artist drew portraits of Kylie only using cosmetics from the celebrity's famed 'Lip Kits'.
Using an odd medium to create her works of art is nothing new for Bearden; many of her celebrity portraits are created with food. She's even drawn Kylie's father, Caitlyn Jenner, using the cereal 'Wheaties.' Bearden's artistic use of food has allowed her to work with brands like Amex, McDonald's and Honda. Her pieces don't go unnoticed by stars either; Taylor Swift used one of her paintings in her 'Blank Space' video.
Considering Kylie Jenner's Instagram account has nearly 68 million followers, the reach for these art pieces are substantial -- both Bearden and Elite Daily would benefit from her popularity. The celebrity also has a lot to gain from the project since it essentially promotes Kylie's own image and products.
Artist Uses 'Lip Kit' to Draw Famous Kylie Jenner Instagram Posts
1. Celebrity DIY Art - An opportunity to create a platform for consumers to create their own celebrity portraits using customized cosmetic kits.
2. Branded Art Collaboration - An opportunity for companies and brands to collaborate with artists like Bearden to create branded artworks that can be used in marketing and promotional efforts.
3. Alternative Art Mediums - An opportunity for artists to explore the use of unconventional mediums, like food and cosmetics, to create unique and eye-catching works of art.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - The beauty and cosmetics industry could tap into the DIY celebrity art trend by providing customized lip kits for consumers, sponsoring contests, or hosting in-store events.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising companies could explore opportunities to collaborate with artists like Bearden to create unique branded content for promotional purposes.
3. Fine Art - Fine art institutions and galleries could showcase artists like Bearden who use unconventional mediums, expanding the definition of contemporary art and reaching new audiences.