If you think that one-handed watches are useless, you obviously haven't seen the KUU Watch. The KUU Watch is a concept watch from designer Löytö Esineiden that tells time using one hand.
The KUU Watch has a rotating disk on its face used to tell the minutes of the hour. A needle on the disc points directly to both the hour and minute. The whole thing may sounds confusing, but it is actually pretty easy to read once you get the hang of it. I'm sold.
The KUU Watch Tells Time With a Rotating Disk
1. One-handed Watches - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop one-handed watches with unique and intuitive features for easy time reading.
2. Rotating Disk Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Apply rotating disk technology to various products for creative and unconventional functionality.
3. Intuitive Time-telling Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design timepieces with intuitive and unconventional methods to enhance user experience.
1. Watchmaking Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce unique time-telling mechanisms to traditional watch designs for increased market appeal.
2. Consumer Electronics Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate rotating disk technology into electronic devices to introduce novel ways of interacting with information.
3. Industrial Design Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore intuitive and unconventional design elements in various products to improve user engagement.