Angular, sophisticated and comfortable, the Kreuzband Stool by Judith Jacobi is a beautiful stool perfect for one's kitchen or study.
Judith Jacobi is a graduate student at the Burg Giebichenstein Halle International University of Art and Design. Her creation was featured at the Ventura Lambrate 2012 in Milan where it impressed onlookers through its contemporary aesthetics and foldable capabilities. Most people when they think of a collapsible chair or stool are reminded of the basic, steel bar and nylon seats that accompany camping trips.
The Kreuzband Stool by Judith Jacobi was created using wood and ropes to mimic the effect of tendons and bones within the human body, which also eliminates the need for screws and nails. The seat cover is made out of leather providing a comfortable, visually pleasing seating arrangement.
The Kreuzband Stool by Judith Jacobi is Made from Rope and Wood
1. Contemporary Furniture Design - Judith Jacobi's Kreuzband Stool highlights the potential for using new materials and designing techniques to create sophisticated and comfortable furniture.
2. Foldable Furniture - The foldable capabilities of Kreuzband Stool present an opportunity for creating more versatile and space-saving furniture designs.
3. Sustainable Furniture Production - The use of wood and ropes for the construction of Kreuzband Stool showcases the potential for sustainable and eco-friendly furniture production methods.
1. Furniture Design - The use of new materials and designing techniques as seen in Kreuzband Stool offers opportunities for furniture designers to create more innovative and sophisticated furniture designs.
2. Home Decor and Furnishings - Foldable furniture designs like Kreuzband Stool can provide an opportunity for creating multifunctional home decor and furnishings that take up less space while remaining stylish and comfortable.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - The potential for using eco-friendly materials and production methods like in Kreuzband Stool suggests opportunities for furniture manufacturers to prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility.