If the blends from Pekoe Kombucha Bar are any indication, kombucha tea is on course to take down the smoothie as the go-to health beverage. Ideal for the health conscious and tea enthusiast alike, the fermented tea drink not only tastes good, but is good for you. Trend Hunter recently chatted with Pekoe Kombucha Bar co-founders Dan Johanis and Jerrikka Leber about their process.
With a background in tea, the pair decided to venture into the kombucha tea world and established Canada's first kombucha bar. High in probiotics, digestive enzymes and amino acids, the fermented tea has a number of health benefits (mostly relating for the GI tract) in addition to improving focus and clarity.
Jerrikka comes up with juice and kombucha blends. The blood and liver cleanser also makes a great cocktail ingredient due to its natural carbonation. Pekoe puts their kombucha in taps, making it easy to transport to events and parties.
Toronto's Pekoe Kombucha Bar is an Innovator in the World of Fermented Drinks
1. Rise of Kombucha Tea - Kombucha tea is becoming a popular alternative to smoothies as a go-to health beverage.
2. Health Benefits of Fermented Drinks - Fermented tea drinks like kombucha have numerous health benefits, such as probiotics and digestive enzymes.
3. Convenience of Kombucha Taps - Kombucha bars like Pekoe make it easier to transport and serve kombucha at events and parties through their tap system.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry has an opportunity to explore and capitalize on the growing demand for health-focused alternatives like kombucha tea.
2. Wellness Industry - The wellness industry can leverage the health benefits of fermented drinks like kombucha to create new products and services for health-conscious consumers.
3. Event Planning Industry - The event planning industry can incorporate kombucha bar concepts, such as the use of tap systems, to offer unique and refreshing beverage options at events and parties.