Break free of dessert boundaries with the ‘King Arthur Flour’ Lemon Meringue Cupcakes. Combining the best characteristics of traditional cupcakes and a classic fruit pie recipe, this delectable edible will have you thinking you've died and gone to heaven. Imagine a zesty lemon filling and light-as-air meringue topping floating gently on top of a moist cupcake.
Whip up a batch of conventional cupcakes and be sure to have a corer close at hand, as you will be using it later. After the cupcakes have cooled, core them and fill each to the brim with tangy lemon curd.
Bakers can either choose ready-made meringue or opt for the more labor-intensive option of a from-scratch recipe. Whichever meringue recipe you choose, the King Arthur Flour Lemon Meringue Cupcakes will have people coming back to the dessert table for seconds—and possibly even thirds.
Liven Up Dessert With the ‘King Arthur Flour’ Lemon Meringue Cup
1. Fruit Pie Cupcakes - Innovative twist on traditional cupcakes and pies that combines the best of both worlds.
2. Customizable Cupcakes - The ability to core and fill cupcakes opens up possibilities for endless flavor combinations.
3. Meringue Variations - Exploring different types and flavors of meringue for unique cupcake toppings.
1. Bakery - The bakery industry can create a new line of hybrid desserts using this innovative idea.
2. Food and Beverage - Catering and other food service industries can offer these customized cupcakes in their menu to attract new customers.
3. Home Baking - Innovative bakers at home can experiment with new flavors and techniques using the fruit pie cupcake recipe.