This inspiring kids school design by Baukind brings the outdoors in for a stimulating environment for learning and playing. The Kita Drachenreiter kindergarten and daycare in Berlin was a former salt sauna before it was turned into a school. Baukind kept these walls intact, introducing a natural element into the space as well as an interesting texture.
One of the other most interesting features of the space are the twisting trees that run vertically throughout the school's rooms. These make the perfect things for the kids to climb on, weave in and out of and hang their coats and backpacks on.
Despite being simple, this kids school design by Baulkind has several surfaces for kids to play on, as well as lots to touch and interact with.
This German Kids School Design Has Trees and Textured Salt Walls
1. Nature-integrated School Designs - Designing schools that incorporate natural elements and textures, such as salt walls and vertical trees, creates a stimulating and interactive learning environment.
2. Indoor Nature Playgrounds - Creating indoor play spaces with natural elements like twisting trees provides children with opportunities for imaginative play and physical activity regardless of weather conditions.
3. Sustainable School Renovations - Transforming existing structures, such as a former salt sauna, into schools introduces sustainability and repurposing concepts, showcasing innovative solutions for educational environments.
1. School Design and Architecture - Incorporating natural elements and textures in school design presents opportunities for architects and designers to create inspiring and interactive spaces for education.
2. Indoor Play Equipment Manufacturing - Designing and manufacturing indoor play equipment that mimics the features of nature, such as twisting trees, opens up new possibilities for companies in the play equipment industry.
3. Renovation and Construction Services - Providing renovation and construction services specifically tailored for transforming existing structures into schools addresses the demand for sustainable and innovative educational spaces.