'Kick Diabetes' is a highly successful diabetes awareness and fundraising program that is the result of a partnership between Sun Life Financial, the Canadian Football League and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. The campaign effectively used Twitter to both raise awareness as well as funds towards the cause.
Whereas the 2013 edition of the campaign focused on Facebook, this particular campaign revolved around the notion of donating a dollar for every tweet or re-tweet with the hashtag #SunLifeKickDiabetes.
Ultimately, the 'Kick Diabetes' fundraising program was so successful because of its intelligent and memorable branding and the use of a simple Twitter campaign that, once it gained momentum, was always going to bring in lots of eyeballs.
The 'Kick Diabetes' Campaign Featured Tweet-Matching Donations
1. Social Media Fundraising - Businesses can leverage social media platforms to launch campaigns that raise awareness and funds towards a cause, leaving a significant impact on the society.
2. Donation-matching Programs - Partnerships with well-known organizations can lead to successful campaigns that encourage donations through a dollar-matching model, increasing the chances of achieving a goal in a short period.
3. Brand Partnerships for Social Good - Collaborations between brands for social causes can lead to the successful promotion of campaigns, with both partners ultimately benefiting from the impact on the society.
1. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations can launch awareness and fundraising campaigns through social media platforms and partnerships with businesses, leading to a higher reach and engagement.
2. Financial Services - Financial service companies can use their brand image to launch campaigns that promote social causes, thus building customer engagement and loyalty.
3. Sports and Entertainment - Sports and entertainment organizations can collaborate with non-profits to promote social causes through innovative campaigns, which can help enhance their brand image in society.