To some, artist Kate Rohde's otherworldly jewelry will look like they were excavated from a cave on a distant planet, to others, who are perhaps more attuned to their sweet tooth, they will look like crystalized candy. Either way, Kate Rohde's creations are vibrantly eye-catching and excitingly statement-making.
Living and working in Melbourne, Australia, Kate Rohde first forayed into the fashion industry when Romance Was Born proposed a collaboration on their Renaissance Dinosaur line back in 2010. Since then, she has continued to create resin necklaces, bracelets and rings.
Kate Rohde's latest designs are being displayed at the Pieces of Eight Gallery and is "inspired by her ongoing interest in merging elements of natural history across zoology, botany and geology," as written by Edition X.
Artist Kate Rohde Creates Geological Accessories out of Resin
1. Geological-inspired Accessories - The trend of geological-inspired accessories presents an opportunity for artists and designers to create eye-catching statement pieces that merge elements of nature and fashion.
2. Resin Jewelry - The trend of resin jewelry offers a unique opportunity for artists and jewelers to experiment with vibrant and colorful designs, creating pieces that resemble crystalized candy.
3. Nature-inspired Fashion - The trend of nature-inspired fashion allows for the incorporation of zoological, botanical, and geological elements, providing an avenue for artists and designers to create captivating and visually stunning accessories.
1. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can leverage the trend of geological-inspired accessories and resin jewelry by collaborating with artists to create unique and innovative pieces that cater to consumers looking for statement-making jewelry.
2. Art and Design - The art and design industry can explore the trend of geological-inspired accessories and resin jewelry to push the boundaries of creativity, offering consumers visually striking and unconventional pieces.
3. Gallery and Exhibition - The gallery and exhibition industry can showcase artists like Kate Rohde who create geological-inspired accessories and resin jewelry, providing a platform for emerging artists and innovative designs to be highlighted and appreciated.