There has been a number of items created in tribute to the Middleton sisters, from fashion editorials to toast portraits, and here is another: the Kate and Pippa wedding dolls by Herobuilders.
Herobuilders, an American toy brand, has released a few dolls modeled -- loosely, at that -- after the royal sisters. The Pippa doll is clothed in a long white gown that is supposed to be a mini replica of the Alexander McQueen bridesmaid dress she wore for her sister's wedding and the Kate doll features two different outfits: the first is a lace-sleeved wedding dress modeled after Middleton's Sarah Burton bridal gown; the other is a Herobuilder original, a rose-hued satin gown adorned with rosettes.
Priced at $49.95 each, the Kate and Pippa wedding dolls are cute, but as the Huffington Post points out, they also have weird action figure-like proportions (check out their bulging arms).
The Kate and Pippa Wedding Dolls are Not True to Size
1. Celebrity-inspired Dolls - Creating dolls modeled after famous personalities can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the toy industry, appealing to fans and collectors alike.
2. Fashion Replica Toys - Designing miniature versions of iconic outfits can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion industry, attracting fashion enthusiasts and collectors.
3. Dolls with Unique Features - Introducing dolls with unconventional proportions and unique features can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the toy industry, offering a fresh and unique play experience.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry has the potential to capitalize on the trend of creating celebrity-inspired dolls, opening up new markets and revenue streams.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can explore the market for fashion replica toys, providing an avenue for fans to engage with iconic outfits in a unique and collectible way.
3. Collectibles Market - The collectibles market can benefit from dolls with unique features, targeting collectors who are seeking unconventional and distinctive items for their collections.