Just A Baby is a unique app concept that allows adults to speed up the process of having children.
The app is designed in the same way that Tinder is, with a swipe feature that allows people to go through and view people's "biological profiles," which are filled in with information about what the person is looking for, or willing to offer. This can be anything from sperm or egg donations, to people interested in co-parenting, partnerships, or people looking for or willing to be surrogates. The app is targeted at Millennials who are often in "transient spaces" and may put off having children because of this, and it aims to normalize alternative approaches to having children outside of the more socially accepted nuclear family.
The Just A Baby app had a successful soft launch, and could have important implications for Millennials, as well as those in LGBTQ communities.
The Just A Baby App is for Adults Seeking Donors and Partners
1. Partner-finding Apps - The concept of Tinder-like apps for finding partners and donors has the potential to disrupt traditional methods of parenthood and fertility treatments.
2. Alternative Approaches to Parenthood - The normalization of alternative approaches to family planning, such as co-parenting and surrogacy, presents an opportunity for disrupting the traditional nuclear family model.
3. Mobile Fertility Solutions - The popularity of mobile apps for fertility and pregnancy-related services suggests an opportunity for disrupting the traditional way of accessing these services via healthcare providers.
1. Technology - The growing mobile app industry for fertility and family planning services creates an opportunity for technological innovation in how people have children.
2. Healthcare - The adoption of partner-finding pregnancy apps may disrupt traditional healthcare models for accessing fertility treatments and services.
3. Family Planning - The rise of alternative approaches to parenthood, as seen in partner-finding pregnancy apps, may disrupt traditional family planning methods and create opportunities for innovation.