October's Very Own Drake thrilled fans by releasing a 15-minute short film titled 'Jungle' this morning, into which he poured heart, soul and all of his feels.
The film almost feels like a dream sequence; an incoherent, but not at all unpleasant, blending together of the past and present. We're treated to home video clips of little Aubrey, as well as glimpses into moments of Drake's life in Toronto. Of course, what I, and the rest of the fans are wondering is: where is the music?? Through all of the symbolism and visual metaphor, there doesn't seem to be anything other than atmospheric background music playing in this film.
We'll keep our fingers crossed that this is an unconventional promotional method for the upcoming album Views From the 6, and that we'll be hearing new music from the Canadian rapper soon.
Drake Releases His Film 'Jungle' Sans New Music
1. Short Film Marketing - Creating artistic short films that relate the artist's brand or message, rather than promoting individual tracks.
2. Audiovisual Storytelling - Telling a story through music, visuals, and symbolism, rather than relying solely on conventional music video formats.
3. Album Promotions - Using artistic and innovative approaches to promote an upcoming album release through unconventional media and platforms.
1. Music Industry - Realizing the potential in developing creative promotional content using audiovisual storytelling techniques, especially in the digital landscape.
2. Film Industry - Capitalizing on the opportunity to market music through short films, thereby incorporating creativity and audiovisual storytelling into promotional content.
3. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Strategizing new, innovative ways to promote and market album releases, using a combination of creative and digital mediums to connect with audiences.