Entitled "AFFORDANCES #1", this furniture series by Australian artist and designer Jonathan Zawada displays the beauty of its natural stone materials.
The collection of side-table designs is simple in its form and is a combination of three pieces of marble, granite and the occasional piece of synthetic stone.
Because of their different stone elements, these furniture pieces boast striking colour combinations and textures that result in no two tables that are exactly alike.
"The underside of their tops are lined with a layer of recycled rubber which both grips to the trivet base and absorbs impact shocks." Pireces from Jonathan Zawada's "AFFORDANCES #1 " series are each flat packed and easily assembled. The pieces require no fixtures and are constructed like a 3D puzzle.
Jonathan Zawada AFFORDANCES #1 Series is Sculpturally Ornate
1. Layered Stone Furniture - Opportunity for creating unique and visually striking furniture pieces by combining different types of natural and synthetic stone.
2. Marble and Granite Combinations - Trend of using marble and granite together in furniture design to create contrasting color combinations and textures.
3. Sustainable and Easy Assembly Furniture - Increasing demand for furniture designs that are flat-packed, require no fixtures, and can be easily assembled like a 3D puzzle.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for furniture manufacturers to incorporate different stone elements and create visually unique and customizable products.
2. Stone and Marble Industry - Opportunity to explore new design possibilities by combining various types of stone materials and cater to the growing demand for visually striking furniture designs.
3. Sustainable Design Solutions - Innovative opportunity for designers and manufacturers to create sustainable furniture solutions that are easy to assemble, require no fixtures, and reduce environmental impact.