Feng Chen Wang continues to work alongside Converse as the two join forces on the latest Jack Purcell collaboration made for the Fall/Winter 2020 season. The sneaker is spotlighted by its design segmentations and a weaved technique inspired by traditional Chinese basket weaving. The joint sneaker model is constructed from a blend of both leather and suede materials that make up the dramatic upper.
There are also some subtle accents that read three Chinese characters that spell out the designer's name throughout the layering upper. There are two colorway options with the selection of either black or 'Sea Salt.' The sneakers are accompanied by a small collection of apparel and accessories that match the designs including pants, caps, bag, shorts, tees, jacket, and vest.
Image Credit: Converse
Feng Chen Wang and Converse Join on the Jack Purcell Collaboration
1. Traditional Chinese Basket Weaving - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new applications of traditional weaving techniques in various industries such as fashion, home decor, and accessories.
2. Segmented Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize segmented design elements to create visually striking products in sectors like footwear, art, and furniture.
3. Blend of Leather and Suede Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with combining different materials like leather and suede to create unique and luxurious products in industries such as fashion, interior design, and automotive.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate traditional weaving techniques and segmented designs in the fashion industry to create unique and culturally-inspired garments and accessories.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Apply traditional weaving techniques and segmented designs to home decor products like baskets, rugs, and wall hangings for a modern twist.
3. Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate traditional weaving techniques and a blend of different materials in the creation of innovative accessories such as bags, wallets, and jewelry.