On the "appeteazers" section of the menu at Goodfellas Restaurant and Tavern in Swissvale, Pennsylvania, are 'Italian Egg Rolls,' which offer a bite-sized way for diners to enjoy the taste of Italian meats, cheeses and traditional marinara sauce.
The Asian-inspired appetizer puts a fresh spin on a classic Italian dishes like pizza and lasagna, which are often to be eaten with a knife and a fork. A single order of this appetizer provides patrons with two eggrolls, which are served on a plate with a dipping sauce and are ideal for sharing.
Some of the other reinvented Italian dishes that can be found on the menu at Goodfellas include a pasta and parm that may be prepared with either chicken or eggplant.
Goodfellas' 'Italian Egg Rolls' Take Inspiration from Asian Cuisine
1. Fusion Appetizers - Restaurants are offering appetizers that combine different cultures' foods.
2. Bite-sized Italian Cuisine - Classic Italian dishes are being reinvented in small, bite-sized formats.
3. Customizable Italian Classics - Italian dishes are being offered with different protein options, appealing to a wider range of dietary preferences.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can offer unique and creative fusion dishes to appeal to customers looking for new flavors.
2. Food Manufacturing Industry - Food manufacturers can create innovative, bite-sized Italian snacks to be sold at grocery stores.
3. Catering Industry - Catering companies can reimagine classic Italian dishes, offering bite-sized or customizable options for events and parties.