Take a look at Invisible Bicycles by Zhaohua Sen and you'll immediately notice that something major is missing from each one. The clue is in the title but what aren't instantly obvious are any photo editing flaws created in the production of these pictures.
Observing streets in China, this photographer collected snapshots of people riding as singles and doubles on two-wheelers. Next, software was used to completely wipe the images clean of any proof of the pushbikes' existence -- that is, except for their shadows.
The product of this photo manipulation is much more interesting than if the silhouettes had been removed as well. This way, Invisible Bicycles by Zhaohua Sen reveals more than people posed impossibly in mid-air but entertaining evidence of their activities too. It's as if their conveyances had been just snatched away.
Invisible Bicycles by Zhaohua Sen is a Series of Photos of Floating Cyclists
1. Invisible Bicycles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop augmented reality technology that allows users to virtually ride invisible bicycles.
2. Photo Manipulation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create advanced photo editing software that can remove specific objects from images without leaving any editing flaws.
3. Entertaining Evidence - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a platform that enables people to share and discover entertaining evidence of unusual activities captured in photographs.
1. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques and technologies for manipulating and editing photos, enhancing creative possibilities for photographers.
2. Augmented Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative applications and experiences that blend virtual objects seamlessly into the real world.
3. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a social media platform focused on sharing and discovering unique and interesting visual content.