According to Jake Levine, internet anxiety is not caused by the amount of things we consume online, but by method through which we do the consuming. The backlit screens, notifications and recommended readings constantly pull us back to our computers, phones, tablets and other internet-connected devices. His solution is Electronic Objects: a screen that brings the internet to your wall.
By fixing the medium and not the message, Levine's Electronic Objects hopes to be "worthy of that beautiful mess of human expression that pervades our connected lives." The internet-connected screen uses web and mobile apps that makes it easy to compile images and software. By partnering with artists, institutions and developers, Levine aims to rid society of its internet anxiety without sacrificing the beautiful things online.
Electronic Objects Will Showcase Beautiful Things and Reduce Internet Anxiety
1. Internet-connected Screens - Opportunity for creating screens that bring the internet to physical spaces, reducing internet anxiety.
2. Artistic Collaboration - Opportunity for partnering with artists, institutions, and developers to curate and display beautiful content.
3. Digital Mediums for Expression - Opportunity for innovating digital platforms that allow for easy compilation of images and software.
1. Consumer Electronics - Opportunity for integrating internet connectivity into home decor products.
2. Arts and Culture - Opportunity for leveraging technology to showcase and promote artistic expression.
3. Software Development - Opportunity for creating user-friendly applications to compile and display digital content.