This past week a fabulous light festival called â€œLuminaleâ€ has been taking place in Frankfurt Germany. Designers exhibit fantastic illuminated projects on various architectural canvases including bridges, buildings, churches and river embankments. The festival occurs every two years, in various regions of Germany and the works are viewed by over 100,000 visitors. Mark your calendar for 2010!
Implications - Traditions are something that many people look forward to, and getting people excited for something is what makes a tradition so special. Businesses that create traditions will gain loyal customers that will look forward to that special time of year. A popular business tradition example is the McDonald's monopoly time where people will go out of their way to eat extra McDonald's for their chance to win a prize.
1. Light Festivals - Businesses or event planners can create similar light festivals that can become a popular tradition, attract loyal customers, and increase revenue.
2. Illuminated Architecture - Architects and building designers can incorporate illuminated architecture into their designs, creating unique visual experiences and increasing the value of the property.
3. Event Specific Advertising - Businesses can capitalize on popular events by creating event-specific advertising campaigns that will attract customers and increase revenue during that time period.
1. Event Planning - Event planners can create unique light festivals as a new and exciting type of event that can attract large crowds and increase revenue.
2. Architectural Design - Architects and building designers can incorporate illuminated architecture as an innovative way to increase the value of their projects and attract more clients.
3. Advertising - Companies can create advertising campaigns that are tailored to popular events, such as light festivals, in order to attract more customers during peak periods.