Vancouver company Glance Pay launches Perk Hero—a contact-free payment application boasting low restaurant fees and a terrific in-app loyalty program. The platform enjoys a timely debut as COVID-19 has necessitated physical distancing among individuals and the demand for food delivery is soaring.
The aim of the company is to enable individuals to support local businesses when they can. As a result, Perk Hero takes only 5% commission per customer order which is a stark improvement on what other brands in the space charge restaurants. The in-app loyalty program also distinguishes Perk Hero from its competitors. Employing gamification, users can complete "custom Quests" that are specific to Perk Hero locations. By leveling up, consumers gain XP (experience points) and are able to earn more coins to redeem rewards.
Image Credit: Perk Hero
Perk Hero Launched as a Contact-Free Payment App for Restaurants
1. Gamified Loyalty Programs - The trend of gamifying loyalty programs through custom quests and leveling up within an app presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the customer loyalty and marketing industries.
2. Contact-free Payment Apps - The rise of contact-free payment apps like Perk Hero presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the finance and restaurant industries where reducing physical contact is a priority.
3. Low Commission Platforms - The trend of low commission platforms for restaurants like Perk Hero presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the payment processing and restaurant industries, allowing for greater revenue for small business owners.
1. Restaurant - The gamification of loyalty programs and rise in low commission platforms in the restaurant industry presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in customer experience and marketing strategies.
2. Finance - The rise of contact-free payment apps presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the finance industry, allowing for greater security and reduced physical contact for customers and businesses alike.
3. Marketing - The trend of gamifying loyalty programs presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the marketing industry, allowing for more engaging and rewarding customer experiences.