Mexican artist and designer Eddie Aguirre reveals an iconic doll in a way society has never seen before. The Barbie doll has been popular for almost a century and has always been depicted as the perfect girl. Aguirre has changed all of this with his digital rendition. Barbie is seen for the very first time without makeup; this is slightly shocking, but is also a major reality check for all of the superficial beliefs society embraces.
Aguirre gives a look at what the iconic doll looks like au naturel; the change is fairly drastic as she looks much different with the freckles and age lines, bags under her eyes and even braces. Even though Barbie no longer looks perfect, she's still attractive, which should give a more realistic insight into what real women and natural beauty should be like.
Mexico Artist Eddi Aguirre Shows Barbie Without Makeup
1. Deconstructing Iconic Standards - Opportunity for disruptive innovation by challenging societal norms and redefining traditional beauty standards.
2. Embracing Authenticity - Opportunity to capitalize on the growing demand for authenticity and realism in products, including dolls and toys.
3. Unveiling Natural Beauty - Opportunity to cater to the market seeking products that celebrate natural beauty and promote self-acceptance.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create inclusive beauty products that embrace diverse features and challenge beauty norms.
2. Toy and Doll Manufacturing - Opportunity to create dolls that promote self-acceptance and empower children by reflecting a more realistic representation of beauty.
3. Digital Design and Visualization - Opportunity to leverage digital tools and visualization techniques to provide consumers with alternative representations of popular cultural icons.