Disney creates a new and updated iteration of Ariel the little mermaid doll by Mattel and it is available to purchase online at Amazon Italy. It is made to reflect the new film played by Halle Bailey, designed to have her complexion and locs as well, unveiling an inclusive and modernized look.
The princess is dressed in a pastel palette and the actress herself unveils her reaction to her version of the doll. She notes, "I am literally choking up because this means so much to me. And to have one that looks like me, that’s my favorite Disney character, is very surreal.” Notably, the tail of the doll can be dipped in water for a playful touch.
Image Credit: Amazon Italy
Mattel Unveils a New Little Mermaid Doll Update Design
1. Inclusive Toy Designs - The trend of creating inclusive toy designs for children that reflect diversity and modernization.
2. Celebrity-inspired Toy Lines - The trend of creating toy lines inspired by celebrities, such as movie characters.
3. Interactive Toy Features - The trend of incorporating interactive features into toys, such as the ability for the mermaid doll's tail to be dipped in water.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry has an opportunity to focus on creating inclusive and interactive designs inspired by both fictional characters and celebrities.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry has an opportunity to create more diverse movie characters and celebrity partnerships that can inspire new toy designs.
3. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry has an opportunity to expand its sales of international toys, like the updated Little Mermaid doll available on Amazon Italy.