Ichitan Group is Thailand's largest maker of ready-to-drink teas, which has released two new terpene-infused drinks. The terpene compound found in cannabis is best known for its distinctive aroma. The two new Ichitan tea products do not contain psychoactive substances such as cannabidiol and instead focus on the unique terpene flavors.
Consumers can opt for the sugar-free camomile green tea flavor, scented with terpene, or the sweetened green tea flavor scented with lemon and terpene. Ichitan is one of the first large Thai food and beverage companies to spot the flavorful potential in cannabis products.
CEO Tan Passakornnatee expresses that "Being the first mover in the new market will be an important factor to gain an advantage [with] the product launch, while studying the behavior target customers—[the] urban new generation."
Image Credit: Nikkei Asia
Ichitan Group Released a Sugar-Free Terpene-Infused Green Tea
1. Cannabis-infused Beverages - There is a growing trend in the market for cannabis-infused beverages, providing an opportunity for new product innovation.
2. Terpene Flavorings - Terpenes, the natural compounds found in cannabis, are being used as a unique flavoring in non-psychoactive beverages, creating new possibilities for flavor innovation.
3. Non-psychoactive Cannabis Products - More companies are exploring the use of non-psychoactive cannabis compounds, such as terpenes, to create innovative products without the legal restrictions associated with psychoactive substances.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can implement innovations in cannabis-infused beverages, using terpenes as a unique flavoring opportunity.
2. Food Industry - The food industry can explore the use of non-psychoactive cannabis compounds like terpenes in their product development to add new and unique flavors.
3. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry can create innovative products using terpenes as a natural flavoring and scent source with potential health benefits.