The photo series titled Ice Age by Arjan Benning, a Dutch photographer based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is brilliant. This is as much due to the strategic use of white as well as the clever compositions. Filled with clutter, the series whites out everything save for a single pop of color, whether that comes in the form of a scoop of chocolate ice cream, a half-peel orange or a couple of strawberries.
A masterful still life series, Ice Age by Arjan Benning pairs the food with all sorts of different scenes. While some are quite normal, such as one revolving around a bedroom, others are more strange and surreal. From Chinese-themed sets to porcelain animals and more, the images do share a relatively domestic vibe, which complements the food items perfectly.
Ice Age by Arjan Benning Features a Single Pop of Color
1. Minimalistic Photography - There is an opportunity to create minimalist photographs that showcase a single pop of color.
2. Whitewashed Product Photography - Businesses can experiment with whitewashing clutter in product photography, focusing on a single aspect of the product.
3. Surreal Food Photography - There is a market for surreal food photography that combines food items with unique and unusual sets.
1. Food Industry - Food companies can experiment with minimalistic product photography that features a single item of a particular color standing out.
2. E-commerce Industry - E-commerce companies can leverage minimalistic and white-out photography to showcase their products in a unique and attention-grabbing way.
3. Art and Photography Industry - Artists and photographers can experiment with surrealistic food photography that combines everyday foods with unusual sets to create visually stunning pieces.