There is no shortage of fitness-tracking wearables that tell you when you need to get moving, but soon a device that acts as a hydration tracker could be available. Staying hydrated is extremely important to your health, and drinking more water acts as a cure to many ailments from headaches to clear skin. Researchers at North Carolina State University are developing a tiny hydration-tracking wearable that would tell you when you need a drink.
The gadget is described in a scholarly paper called 'A Wearable Hydration Sensor with Conformal Nanowire Electrodes' by Alper Bozkurt, Feiyan Lin, Abhishek Malhotra, John F Muth, Amanda Myers, Shanshan Yao and Yong Zhu. The hydration tracker is a bluetooth sensor that monitors hydration of the skin.
Researchers are Developing a Tiny Bluetooth Hydration Tracker
1. Hydration-tracking Wearables - Wearable technology that tracks hydration level and reminds users to drink water for better health.
2. Smart Health Monitoring Devices - The integration of advanced technology and health monitoring innovations that allow consumers to track their vitals and improve their overall wellbeing.
3. Nanotechnology in Wearable Devices - The development of wearable devices with nanosensors to measure different physiological parameters and enhance user's health.
1. Healthcare Technology - The integration of technology in healthcare to come up with innovations that help manage different health conditions.
2. Fitness & Wellness - The use of wearables to track hydration, fitness and wellness data to improve one's overall health and wellbeing.
3. Consumer Electronics - The development of consumer electronics devices that incorporate advanced technology in different market segments.