Neighbourhood Botanicals' Smelly Baubles are all-natural Riso-printed, scented holiday decorations that are launching just in time to decorate the tree. Created in collaboration with artist Maria Midttun, the baubles are ready to suspend from car mirrors and desk accessories, so that they can offer comforting natural scents.
The Smelly Baubles share the scents of clove, cardamom, frankincense, nutmeg, juniper and sweet orange, promising a "piney lovely Xmas scent." Created with natural oils and a natural-based fixative, the festive holiday decorations are said to have a subtle scent that's not overpowering like some fragrance oils.
The paper cards are mindfully packaged in sets of three within Nativia cornstarch sleeves that look like plastic but is actually a material that's competely compostable, recyclable and biodegradable.
Image Credit: Neighbourhood Botanicals
Neighbourhood Botanicals' Smelly Baubles are Naturally Scented
1. Natural Scented Decorations - There is an opportunity to create all-natural, eco-friendly and biodegradable holiday decorations scented with a variety of natural oils.
2. Mindful Packaging - The use of compostable and biodegradable packaging for holiday decorations could disrupt the traditional plastic-based industry and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
3. Collaborative Decoration-making - Collaborating with artists to create unique and appealing holiday decorations offers businesses an opportunity to offer an exclusive customer experience and differentiated product offerings.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can leverage the trend of natural scented decorations to develop innovative products for consumers seeking eco-friendly and sustainable options.
2. Packaging - The packaging industry can incorporate the use of compostable materials into their offerings to meet the growing demand for eco-friendly packaging solutions.
3. Art and Design - Collaborating with artists to create unique holiday decorations represents an opportunity for businesses in the art and design industry to expand their product range and gain new customers.